Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pity Party

Today I woke up with my heart already aching from the loneliness.
Longing to see your face walk through our front door.
Waiting to hear your voice say "honey I'm home"
But that won't happen today. It won't happen tomorrow. It won't happen until Friday night.
Oh how that seems so far away. How it takes forever to get here and yet Monday comes so fast.
Many days when I feel like this I think of others who have it so much harder than I do and I tell myself....
"It's not that bad, it could be worse. Suck it up!"
But today I don't care to think about those women. I can only seem to think of myself and feel sorry for my situation. How pathetic I know! But it's the truth.
My world has been turned upside down and I feel like I have a huge hole in my heart that never gets filled.
I feel weak, and oh so lonely. I pray for strength daily. And I know He gives it to me. But is it so wrong to wish I didn't need strength and such endurance to get through each day.
We've reached the 8 month of this job so we did the math. We've only seen each other 64 days out of 210. DEPRESSING!
When will this end? When will you be home every night again? When?


2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your ache and loneliness. I'm not sure what your husband does, but it is rough when their jobs demand so much of them. Next month my husband is switching to the graveyard shift for a year and I'm sure I'm in for some lonely times too. God is faithful to provide for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man. that sounds so rough. thank you for being so willing to be vulnerable and show your heart. thanks for linking up!
    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete